W.E.L.L. stands for Wellness, Empowerment, Learning and Luxury. This two day conference is an holistic 360° wellness experience focused wellness, self-love, empowerment and all things green beauty and clean living.
Last year, I stayed at the conference for one day and it was anamazing experience, so I decided to stay the full days this year.
The 2017 W.E.L.L. Summit was packed, but this year, wow, the vibe was electric with so many like-minded people cheering and sharing this experience together.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I suffered severe burned out recently and I needed to go back to prioritizing myself and being present; I also re-read two of my favorite books : The Power of Now and Own Your Glow. This conference felt like a perfect opportunity for me to just hit the reset button.
So, I was so excited to the W.E.L.L. Summit 2018 in Brooklyn, NY.
What were my expectations of the event?
- Relax and Rejuvenate
- Learn more and reinforce my self-care practices
- Connect with like minded people
- Discover new wellness brands
- Get some green products at discount prices
- Learn about self-love and clean living from the panels and sessions
- Go outside my comfort zone by learning about fermentation cooking and Chinese medicine
During the conference, all the vendors had plenty of organic and natural products samples for us to try from your favorite brands. I bought few products at 20% or 30% off. I also enjoyed the free fruit juices and alkaline water they had for us to stay hydrated.
They also served breakfast and lunch with vegan and vegetarian options.
If you've never been at the WELL Summit, there are panel discussions on a main stage with experts and keynote speakers and then there are breakout sessions for smaller group discussion with experts.
It was so inspiring to listen to all the busy women sharing their experiences with us and empowering us to get a little closer to our own wellness path.
Balance does not exist; we should focus on designing our environment to meet our needs.
- Feeling overwhelmed and struggling is ok. It all about how we handle our challenges.
- Your self-awareness is your superpower. Listen to your body and act on what you feel.
- Let's not overburden ourselves with "must dos". We could use mantras to help us embrace what is. Mantra: This is what it is right now!
- Having a structure helps. Being organized and having a reference that always calm us will help us feel rested and restored.
- The words we use to describe our lives have energy and we become that energy. If we say that our life is busy and crazy, our energy shift to being busy and crazy. We need to rephrase. Maybe replace "I am so busy" by "I have so many opportunities" Liz Plosser, Editor-In-Chief of Women’s Health.
Have you been to the WELL Summit? What did you think?
The breakout sessions feel so intimate!
These sessions are in small groups of 40 people and It really feels like the experts are directly talking to you. It is also ideal to ask direct questions to experts.