Do you usually suffer from spring allergies? If yes, this blog post is for you. Some of the common signs that you have allergies are itchy or watering eyes, runny nose, congestion, irritation or tickle in the ears, excess mucus production scratchy throat or sneezing.
If you have any of these signs, you might be suffering from allergies. Before I switch to natural living, I was a big user for allergy medication like Zyrtec and Benadryl; But, I found ways to deal with allergies naturally and I share it with you in this blog post.
So, what can you so about spring allergies naturally?
While this may be difficult to achieve when you suffer from natural allergies during spring, the truth is that there are some steps that you can take to, at least, reduce your exposure. These can include:
- decreasing the time you spend outdoors
- wash your hands frequently
- take a shower after spending time outdoors
- remove dust and allergens from your home
- use a humidifier to help moisturize the environment at home
#2: Boost Your Immune System:
When you give a boost to your immune system, you will be less susceptible to allergic reactions. So, here are some things that you can do that can help you boost your immune system:
- sleep at least 7 to 8 hours each night
- use raw Local honey. There is no recommended amount, but having one spoon of raw honey daily worked for me (you should not give honey to children under the age of 1).
- you should include in your diet high-antioxidant foods such as berries, pineapple, yams, carrot, and beets. In addition, you should consider including in your diet raw local honey, bone broth, spices such as ginger and turmeric, dark leafy greens, wild-caught fish, free-range poultry, and grass-fed meats.
#3: Make Use Of Herbs with anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties