W.E.L.L. stands for Wellness, Empowerment, Learning and Luxury. This two day conference is an holistic 360° wellness experience focused wellness, self-love, empowerment and all things green beauty and clean living.
Last year, I stayed at the conference for one day and it was such amazing experience that I decided to stay the full days this year.
The 2017 W.E.L.L. Summit was packed, but this year, wow, the vibe was electric with so many like-minded people cheering and sharing this experience together. this conference taught me that once we take care of and prioritize yourself, everything flows better in your life even through the difficult times.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I suffered severe burned out recently; I needed to go back to the prioritizing yourself and being present; I also re-read two of my favorite books : The Power of Now and Own Your Glow. Read my experience chatting with Latham Thomas and my review of her book.
Oh, I was so excited about going to the W.E.L.L. Summit 2018 in Brooklyn, NY.
What were my expectations of the event?
- Relax and Rejuvenate
- Learn more and reinforce my self-care practices
- Connect with like minded people
- Discover new wellness brands
- Get some green products at discount prices
- Learn about self-love and clean living from the panels and sessions
- Go outside my comfort zone by learning about fermentation cooking and Chinese medicine
First let's talk about the goodies. At registration, you get a bag of goodies. My bag was full of goodies from natural beauty products to natural wellness products.
I got lots of products in my bag of goodies; I love the goody bag because it is an opportunity to try new products. The products are full size too.
They also had free fruit juices and plenty of water for us to stay hydrated.
You also get to try organic and natural products from your favorite brands.
If you've never been there, at the conference , there are panel discussions on a main stage with experts and keynote speakers and then there are breakout room for smaller group discussion with expert.
It was so inspiring to listen to all these busy women sharing their experiences with us and empowering us to get a little closer to our own path by giving us some amazing tips.
Balance does not exist; it is all about setting and designing our environment to meet our needs.
- Feeling overwhelmed and struggling is ok. It all about how we handle our lives. Going with the flow might be the solution.
- Your self-awareness is your superpower. Listen to your body and act on what you feel.
- Let's not overburden ourselves with the must do. There is no must dos; there is what we want to do. Mantra: This is what it is right now! Embrace what is.
- Having a structure helps. Being organized and having a reference that always calm us and help us feel rested.
- The words we use to describe our lives have energy and we become that energy. If we say that our life is busy and crazy, our energy shift to being busy and crazy. We need to rephrase. Maybe replace "I am so busy" by "I have so many opportunities" Liz Plosser, Editor-In-Chief of Women’s Health.
Have you been to the WELL Summit? What did you think?
Second: The breakout sessions feel so intimate!