Today, I want to explore concealers. Over the years, I tried more than 20 concealers and gave a lot of them away because they were not a match. But, what a girl to do without a good concealer? I had to continue the hunt.
Since we are talking about concealer, let’s say this: I am all about skin care before makeup. If our skin is healthy and can stand by itself, we need less makeup to cover it. I am just saying: having a great skin care routine to deal with dark circles goes a long way. Between using DIY oils and applying natural eye creams, my concealer is now a must have in my makeup bag but don’t have to always put it on kind of thing.
My skin tone is dark skin with red undertone
What was I looking for in my concealer?
- Great range of skin tone shade that is inclusive
- Full coverage concealer
- Can the concealer last all day long - some concealers disappear in the skin?
If you are worried about letting go your Nars or MAC concealers. Girl, it is time to LET GO. There are great safe options in the green beauty community that are perfect for you.
- Vapour Illusionist
- ILIA Beauty True Skin Serum Concealer
- Alima Pure Cream Concealer
- Au Naturale - Completely Covered Creme Concealer
- 100% Pure - Fruit Pigmented® 2nd Skin Concealer
- HAN Skincare Cosmetics Concealer