if you are dealing with B.O in your armpits, keep reading - It started when I was training to organic and natural deodorants; my B.O. was so strong that I started to research how to get rid of the stink. I mean I spent hours and hours researching and experimenting ways to deal with underarm odor. There is no science behind this. But, after testing many natural ways to get rid of the stink, I found that the bentonite clay armpit detox works the best! We use bentonite clay for our face because it gently draws out impurities from the skin. We use this clay for hair mask as well. Why not using it for our underarms to remove the toxins that are released from stressful days.
My results -
- No irritation
- No B.O for at least 16 hours
- Less B.O overtime even without using natural deodorants
- 1 Tbsp bentonite clay, nothing fancy here! You could try the Bentonite clay from Redmond. You will get a lot of uses out of these clay jar.
- 1-2 tsp water
- 1 or 2 Washclothes - cotton clothes are the best!
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional) - I don’t recommend using it if you have sensitive skin. ACV is is mild acid.
- 1 small bowl and mask brush, One of my favorite set is from the Green Heart Lab
DIY Armpit Detox Recipe!
Betonite Clay from Redmond is very gentle, so it should hurt at all. If you feel any irritation, just remove immediately; I am not talking about tightness from the clay drying.
- In the mask bowl mix the bentonite clay and the water until yogurt like consistency mask. Not too thick.
- Spread in an even layer over your armpits and let it sit for 5-15 minutes.
- Wash off the clay in the shower, or with a wet, warm washcloth.
- Optional - Not for sentitive skin - Swipe your clean armpits with apple cider vinegar using cot balls to neutralize bad bacteria.
So, have you used clay mask to detox your underarms? what do you think? too weird? Or totally normal? Share your experiences in the comments!